SAMAGRA (which literally means ‘Holistic’ or ‘in all aspects’) is a non-profit organization of Nepal whose long term vision centers around a self-reliant, development oriented and dynamic society, ensuring human rights to every individual. It has underlined the mission to empower the marginalized and the absolute poor communities through the promotion of socio-economic and human capital adopting good governance, to claim and exercise their rights. The approach aims at political and socio-economic empowerment of the target people for their self-reliant all-round development through the formation and empowerment of "Social Families (SFs)" organized amongst the rural communities under the supervision / inspiration of SAMAGRA field level staff, who, with the help of professionals, impart with relevant need- based skills, knowledge and information to the concerned people. Its major activities are:
- Monitoring of human rights and advocacy campaigns for the fulfillment of these rights.
- Effective empowerment of marginalized men and women (organizing, awareness raising, mobilizing) to claim and exercise their rights.
- Use of non-violence and peaceful ways of addressing grievances and promotion of social harmony (Conflict Transformation).
- Coordination and mobilization of local resources by self-reliant community-based institutions (Social Families / Cooperatives).
- Micro-business by communities based on the acquired skills and vocational training (Livelihood enhancements).
- Construction / renovation of rural infrastructures / public services and environment conservation.